MESSENGER

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Prayer Request and Study


And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. - I John 2:25 KJV 

Yesterday at just about 8 AM, an ambulance carried Sister Mary Michel-Lynch and I to the hospital. We were there due to a massive ischemic stroke Mary suffered somewhere between 10-11 or so Sunday evening to yesterday morning before 8 AM. We spent the entire day there with tests and more. She is semi-responsive, or was when I last left her. Keep your prayers up.

Our ministry member, Sister Mary Michel-Lynch, loves Jesus and the gift He gave, and has for many, many years. Though she had already learned a lot about Scripture when I met her all those years ago, she wanted to learn more about interpreting, understanding, and so much more. It didn't matter the age difference. And, of course, God would say age doesn't matter in the first place. Mary has been sharing studies on I John. I got this one in my email this morning. I think He's trying to tell us something. Perhaps that hope really and truly is our rainbow in the darkness. Some of us take a long time seeing that one. I'm glad that it gets seen, no matter how long it takes. Keep your prayers up for Sister Mary, as, for the moment, I do not have a status report. I will inquire after the shift change at the hospital this morning. Unfortunately, it is up to the weather and election day traffic as to the potential for me to go and see her today. It's raining good and hard right now.
Rev. Laura ~ Covenant of Hope Ministries

1 comment:

  1. Sister Mary has still not made much progress. She is more alert, but still is non-verbal and unable to swallow. She is being fitted with what is known as an N-G tube, so that she might be given nourishment. The next 48 hours are crucial. Please continue your prayers.

    ReplyDelete