MESSENGER

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Prophecy Fulfilled


For many, this is the season to prepare for many a holiday. Christmas is the one Christians recognize, as tradition has kept it for many generations. Well, one other thing that was kept tradition, and fulfilled, was the gift of God’s prophetic wisdom, and proof that it can and does happen. One of those involves a series of favorite verses. Though there are many I consider my favorites, these are some that I have learned a great deal about in the twenty-three years since I began the voyage toward full fledged ministry. Those verses are alluded to in the scroll of Zechariah. Let’s see how this can be.
Zechariah 12:10-13 KJV – And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimel apart, and their wives apart.

This is the prophecy of the coming of Christ. It’s not the first prophetic view of the coming of our Savior, but it sure delivers what many would term as a skewer and roast, and proves a passage, a parable, in the Gospel of John, that portrays this through the Father’s only Son, His firstborn, and what He was meant to bring to this world. That is found in the Gospel of John Chapter 15 and I will give pieces of the parable now. We’ll start with John 15:1-5 KJV – I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Now, this tells us a lot. What does it mean to abide in him? It means to walk in His sandals, to share the same path. It is no easy task to manage. In fact, it takes a lot of patience, just as much perseverance, hope, faith, prudence, and so much more. Trust in His truth. This is how Jesus shares just what it means to trust.

John 15:7-13 KJV – If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Now, Jesus is simply proving the prophecy. He is also proving that God and Jesus are among us, even though it is in the form of the Holy Spirit, yet, remember, Jesus also said this.
Matthew 18:20 KJV – For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
In other words, abiding in His truth, and His love, together as the branches of the vine. I have read this, written about this set of verses many, many times over the years. Every time I do, the meaning broadens, and always, always adds more to the understanding of what unconditional love should be.

The very first time I helped teach these verses I was eighteen years old. I was in a tiny group of ministers of His love dressed as a clown. You see, clowns demonstrate the innocent nature of children, as God has asked us to be for Him. Though there are those who are afraid, downright terrified of clowns, the truth is, they should be greeted with the ideal of hope, as we remember to live always sharing faith, hope, and charity. In other words, sharing the elements of love that is unconditional. He gave us His life, so that we might live. That is love which is unconditional. Though we celebrate His birth, it is His gift to all of us we should remember most. Now, there’s something to think about.

Please continue to pray for Sister Mary Michel-Lynch, that she would recover further after her stroke.
Pray for Phoebe Fair, she has returned to the hospital yet again due to her AT/RT cancer and the treatments being received.
Pray for Heather, Christie, Calvin, Chris, Debby, Karen, Thomas, and many others on our personal prayer lists.

Rev. Laura A. Neff ~The Rainbow Minister
Calvin Jennings ~ Elder
Mary C. Michel-Lynch ~ Apostle/Shepherd
Covenant of Hope Ministries
http://www.covenantofhope.multiply.com &
Our mission for Covenant of Hope Ministries and Poetic-Expressions is not to exploit fear, but to conquer it, and overcome all that is created through fear together as the rainbow in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment