MESSENGER

Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 2013 Letter to the Ministry and All

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Brothers Sisters, and Friends in Christ,

My sabbatical being two weeks in, I thought I’d drop you a letter. I was just thinking about you, my friends, as I again awoke quite early. The LORD has done many things for us. Those against the LORD have tried to take us all the way down. Yet, I know that if we, Covenant of Hope Ministries, weren’t meant to be, then I would hardly fight for this, no matter how weak and weary this body might become.

This morning, I was thinking about something I read yesterday. Yes, though I haven’t written much in the realm of sermons and studies, I have kept up on things. Something I have thought about, read about, even written about has been the ideal of a safe haven, a hiding place in God’s love. Now, there are many places to look and find verses sharing this, but this one jumped at me when I read that email.

Psalm 91:9-11 KJV – Because thou hast made the LORD, which is thy refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

We all know the song All Night, All Day. The song speaks of angels watching over us. There is another titled Angels Among Us, which says the same in different words. We may think He’s forgotten us. We may forget He’s there to run toward for shelter, protection, solace. Yet, God is always there. It doesn’t matter who we are, where we live, what we do while we live, God is there, walking beside us. There is another song, and like those already mentioned, it is one I’m quite familiar with. It’s titled Walk With Me. This is what Jesus asks of us. This is what God asks of us. Yes, that means even while we’re on vacation. God wants US to walk TOGETHER with HIM. Jesus asked US to do the same. This is why I addressed this to Brothers, Sisters, and Friends. It sometimes makes me shake my head when God decides it’s time to write to you, for you, but, here I am doing just that.

May this summer bring you hope through faith. May it bring you peace as you give it to others. May we remember that where two or more are gathered, He is there. It doesn’t matter in person, or in the heart and from a distance, when we are gathered together, He is amongst us. That’s why we have love, you know, because it has no barriers, distance doesn’t matter, we are still gathered together. I leave you with this thought. There are many who gather, yet they have one voice. Should that mean just one speaks? There you go, something to think about.

To our fathers in the ministry, Happy Father’s Day. Remember to offer God the same, for He is OUR Father.

~Shalom~ Rev. Laura sending Rainbow Hugs





Rev. Laura A. Neff ~The Rainbow Minister
Calvin Jennings ~ Elder
Our mission for Covenant of Hope Ministries and Poetic-Expressions is not to exploit fear, but to conquer it, and overcome all that is created through fear together as the rainbow in the darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment