MESSENGER

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Nothing Is Impossible

Good afternoon, welcome to Covenant of Hope Ministries. My name is Elder Cal Jennings. We are normally posted on Sundays for sermons and Wednesdays for studies. You can find these posted in the following locations.
Elder Cal’s Other Sites: Blogspot & Facebook & Twitter & Google+
Rev. Laura’s Other Sites: Facebook Twitter &Google+ & Blogspot
Prayer List: We have many on our prayer list. Some wish to remain anonymous, and others only wish to have their first names mentioned. Our prayer list has grown from last week. This is our current prayer list for this week.
- Please pray for a friend Susie Bartholow as she is in hospice. She is in very grave condition with cancer. Hospice care is in her home with her family. Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

- Please pray for a friend of ours, Lucy, whose liver is failing. She is going to be on medication but may need a transplant. Pray that the first option works and she returns to health.
- Please bring Elder Cal Jennings into your prayers for his health, strength, and faith. He has had some very bad health issues in the past year and answers are difficult to find. His spirits have been very low. Pray that some good things going on will bring those spirits back up once more.
- Pray for a friend of my brother’s, who is far from home right now. There have been many problems for her right now. It is our hope that she will return and be here to complete her healing and more.
- Pray for our members Theresa and Wayne who had a very rough year last year. Pray that answers are provided in the world of finances and more. May some of their trials and tribulations end in time for our celebration of the birth of Jesus.
- Pray for those near and far who have been suffering in battles that do not have to be. Pray that peace can be found amidst the fear and anger, frustration and more. May hope blossom and bring that peace once more.
- Pray for our friends and our enemies, may they all find that the gift of God’s Son, Jesus, holds the hope and faith everyone seeks.
- Keep hope alive in your prayers no matter the pain or strife we might suffer.
- May God bless every one of us as we continue on.

Prayer: Father in heaven, we thank You for the gifts received this day and for these who are here to share with us. We thank You for the blessings brought and for those yet to come. We pray that You can remind us always what we should be looking forward to. We bring prayers for those who have been seriously ill. Help those who are working to fight serious illnesses the ability to find solutions. We pray for those lost and those who mourn. We pray for those who are traveling home this weekend that they may have a safe journey. We pray for patience and courage for those we love and care about, and ourselves as well. We pray for peace to reach out from the heart and be heard, felt, and understood. We pray that Your grace and love would fill the hearts of the many in this world. We pray all this in Your Holy Name through the Savior Jesus Christ, and the gift of the Holy Spirit, Amen and so it shall be.




Sermon:  Good afternoon. The inspiration this week came with several events over the past few days. Those events have proven that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE with God in our lives, hearts, spirits, and souls. Sharing this gift of faith and love we look here at the following verses.
Isaiah 14:24-27 KJV – The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.
For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?
Isaiah 14:24-27 NIV – The Lord Almighty has sworn,
Surely, as I have planned, so it will be,
and as I have purposed, so it will happen.
I will crush the Assyrian in my land;
on my mountains I will trample him down.
His yoke will be taken from my people,
and his burden removed from their shoulders.”
This is the plan determined for the whole world;
this is the hand stretched out over all nations.
For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?
His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?
Surely as I have planned, so it will be. These are some words that I needed to hear myself. God made it evident to me on Tuesday that He meant it. I won’t go into details, but I was starting to think that for all the times I had prayed to be sure that something was right, and God seemed to be telling me yes, it was right, and even sent me some threats as dreams if I went back on it, that God had let me down. Everything seemed dark and dingy. I became depressed. I didn’t quite lose faith, but I was certainly confused because I didn’t know what was wrong. I didn’t have all of the details. When I got the details, I was quite ashamed of my doubt.
No matter how strong your faith in Christ is, there are going to be times when we will doubt. Satan tries to throw us curves and make us wonder if we’re making the right choices. Sometimes what God says is the right choice seems nearly impossible to achieve, but if God says that it’s the right thing, then we must trust Him that He’ll make a way. Here again is just one verse from the Scripture selection.
Isaiah 14:25 NIV – I will crush the Assyrian in my land;
on my mountains I will trample him down.
His yoke will be taken from my people,
and his burden removed from their shoulders.”
There have been times when I’ve been up against the wall, homeless, thrown in jail for a short period on false charges, and many other things, but God has seen me through each one and made a way for me to walk through it without harm. At times it seemed that there was nothing that could make things better, but just when I had completely given up hope, God turned things around. I even spoke truth to politicians…my big crime…so they set me up. They couldn’t hold me for long, since I hadn’t done anything wrong, but they refused me a phone call and refused me a lawyer. After about a week, I prayed to God and asked him what to do, and He told me. A few days later, they sent me to court. I pleaded Nolo Contendere to the charges, and they let me go. I could have tried to represent myself, but I knew that I didn’t really have any chance against a lawyer, so God put the idea of Agnew pleading Nolo Contendere in my head, and that’s what I did.
Luke 21:15 NIV – For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.
Again from Isaiah:
14:27 NIV – For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?
If you have God on your side, not even the powers that be can hold you. When you’ve been doing nothing but God’s work and you’re being held and persecuted for something you didn’t do, God can get you through it. If you have untold barriers between you and what God says that He has for you, those barriers will fall. It may seem to take more time than we think it should, knowing that it has already been promised, but God is true, and faithful to His word.
In my particular situation there are financial barriers, distance barrios, minor cultural barriers, and other things to overcome, but they will be overcome.
Sometimes the hardest thing for us to do is to be patient when we can almost taste something. We can see it, we can hear it, and we can almost feel it, but by all appearances, they’re just out of our reach. Having lived my life, I know that there ARE no barriers. The barriers are just something in our minds. Something that society has told us to believe. Maybe it’s even something our parents told us to believe. If God wants it to happen, it’s going to happen. You can count on that.
Closing Song:  Nothing Is Impossible ~ The Church Choir of The Houston First Baptist Church http://youtu.be/hnrCOSXVrSM


Now let us pray the prayer that Jesus taught us when He said...
Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
(Matthew 6:9-13)


~Love, Hope, Peace, and Christ be with you ~

Elder Cal Jennings

Covenant of Hope Ministries
Main Site:
My Sites: Blogspot & Facebook & Twitter & Google+
       
Scripture Excerpts: The New Open Bible Study Edition: Copyright © 1990: Thomas Nelson Publishers, Inc.
Scripture Excerpts: Holy Bible: Copyright © 1982: E. E. Gaddy and Associates, Inc.
Scripture Excerpts: Holy Bible: Copyright © circa 1890-1910: International Bible Press,The John C. Winston Co.; Philadelphia, PA., USA
Sermon or Study Copyright © 2015

Our mission for Covenant of Hope Ministries and Poetic-Expressions is not to exploit fear, but to conquer it, and overcome all that is created through fear together as the rainbow in the darkness.



This mission statement speaks of the rainbow in the darkness. Every time Rev. Laura would have a seriously traumatic thing happen in her life she would wake in the middle of the night. When she does she sees a rainbow at the end of the bed, or even through the window behind her head. She has even seen that rainbow in a dark room during the day. It will hover in the shadows and reassure her that God is with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment