MESSENGER

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thought for Today 9/18/2012


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 KJV - To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Ever since I heard my first Scripture lesson, at least the first one I remember hearing, I go back to this series of verses. It's not just because they are the words to a fabulous song, or because they are part of Scripture, it's because they describe every part of life. They describe everything that does happen, not just everything that can. These words apply to every type of person, color, creed, nationality, male, female, it doesn't matter. Every one in humanity fits these verses. That's why, I think, I am always drawn to them. They calm me down, keep me feeling good, and help me understand when the world has decided to descend into chaos. It's always something to think about when it comes to these verses. How do they apply to each of us? Now, that's a good question.
~Shalom~Rainbow Hugs~Rev. Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment