MESSENGER

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wisdom in Knowledge Lived and Experienced in Memories and Love



Ecclesiastes 7:18-19 KJV - It is good that thou shouldest take hold of this; yea, also from this withdraw not thine hand: for he that feareth God shall come forth of them all.
Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city.
When I was a girl, fresh out of high school, back in 1988, it was not my first taste of "freedom", as I had worked the two prior summers. That summer was different. At the end of that summer, I was headed off to college a thousand miles from home. The Ecclesiastic, the Preacher, who is speaking here, dared to experience everything, good, bad, and in between to determine what was wisdom and what was foolishness, and where the middle might be. Sometimes that's exactly what we must do. Just two weeks into August I stepped onto campus, and that first day at orientation I met one of my best friends, and she lived right there in "town", just down the way and around the corner she would joke. Two weeks after that we together joined a group which, a week later, comprised of seven women, all ages, all levels in school, and we became the core of what was known then as P.D. Clown Alley. No, it wasn't a circus act. It was a clown ministry group. Now, my costume bit the dust long, long ago, but one of those dear friends managed to locate all but one of the skits we used to use. I will be doing my best to drag the one I once wrote and the one we performed the most out of the mothballs of my memories, because they share God's love, as much as our Ecclesiastic here would do. Wisdom isn't just a gift, it is knowledge, learned, and lived. In the quarter century since then, I have experienced the beauty of bringing life into this world, and the sorrow of losing those I love the most to a life that waits for all of us. Much like each of you, I'm sure, each of those memories lives, bad or good, for each of us who remembers and forgives.
~Shalom~
Rev. Laura A. Neff ~ The Rainbow Minister
Calvin Jennings ~ Elder
Covenant of Hope Ministries
Other Sites: Facebook & Twitter & Google+ & Blogspot
Scripture Excerpts: The New Open Bible Study Edition:Copyright © 1990: Thomas Nelson Publishers, Inc.
Scripture Excerpts: Holy Bible: Copyright © 1982: E. E. Gaddy and Associates, Inc.
Scripture Excerpts: Holy Bible: Copyright © circa 1890-1910: International Bible Press,The John C. Winston Co.; Philadelphia, PA., USA
Sermon or Study Copyright © 2012 http://covenantofhopeministries.blogspot.com/
Our mission for Covenant of Hope Ministries and Poetic-Expressions is not to exploit fear, but to conquer it, and overcome all that is created through fear together as the rainbow in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment